Recently, after the New Year's Eve stayover at my house, I realized yet again that I have a dearth of good DVD movies in my house. Most of the good stuff is in my comp, but i'll much rather watch on TV when friends come over (and more practical). And coupled with my newfound purchasing power, I realized that it is indeed within my means to actually go and buy DVDs which I want.
This basically means buying from overseas websites because local stores don't usually stock films that I want. Prices now are much cheaper than a few years ago, and sometimes you might even get free shipping (which helps a lot in terms of cost). Haha I can't splurge so I gotta choose carefully the shows which I want. I'm still waiting for another Korean or Japanese blockbuster movie that's entertaining and deep, then I can consolidate with my other orders and order together. Takashi Miike's Sukiyaki Western Django looks like a good bet. It's a pity that Japanese films are so expensive though..
The other option is to buy DVD players that can read divx/xvid movies. But i'm quite lazy to download them, and the movies really download very slowly on starhub. Quite irritated by the lack of good movies nowadays and my inability to download them..
The lack of new computer games to play is really starting to hurt man. I want to play games, and I will only play top-rated RPGs, but my computers are too obsolete to play them. Some nights I just keep staying up late, I wanna break out of this boredom and feel the rush again..
Maybe I ought to go read some wuxia novels again. They are the most reliable backups but it's less immediate than shows and not as involving as games. I always alternate between shows (movies and tv dramas), games and books to get my entertainment fix. Hmm... it's been too long since I really enjoyed some good entertainment...
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment