Had an eventful Friday last week.. been lazy to blog about it. Anyway that day, I went for 2 branded sales. Just nice my boss say can leave office early at 4pm so I had some time to go shopping before I met up with the bros later at nite. The first sale I went was a G-star raw sale at an industrial building at Henderson Road. G-star raw is quite an expensive brand ($150 and up), its prized product is jeans i think, but I was looking more for bags and shirts. Unfortunately, the men's section at the sale was pretty limited, only a rack of shirts (still expensive and not so nice) and lots of jeans. Quite unfair, the ladies' section got a lot of clothes and wide selection. Somemore, they got other brands like Pearly Gates. As I was walking out empty-handed, I met some girls giggling on about the bargains they got.
My next stop was the CK Jeans sale at Isetan Orchard. Mistakenly went to the Isetan at Lido, so had to retrace my steps. This was going to be a bigger disappointment. Of the whole section, only one small "square" of men's clothes there. All shirts (pretty ugly-looking). No jeans, bags or anything decent.
Oh well, at least I won't feel guilty that I missed out on a possibly good bargain.
I decided to go to Kino for a short while to read before meeting the bros at 7pm. By that time, I was pretty zonked out and my eyes was pretty tired after the hard day at work and the searching for clothes. I wanted to read some Fighting Fantasy gamebooks (the series was recently reprinted) so I went to the children's section to see if i could find them. After more searching and getting more tired by the moment, I gave up and wandered around. Eventually, I went to the machine where you could search for the book and printed out the paper with the book details and found the gamebooks. Quite happy at finding the gamebooks. During my childhood, I always used to go to the bookshops and read the gamebooks for hours on end. Pretty overjoyed at finding a "new" gamebook that I never read before too.
of course, I don't actually play the gamebook, but I always play it as if I win every fight. I wanted to read finish the book before meeting the bros for dinner, but I encountered this sentence. "If you know the name of [some character], add the letters in his name using the formula A=1, B=2 ..Z=26 and go to the page with that number." Bah!
Anyway, let me do the calculations here and I'll go back to the gamebook next time.
a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6 g7 h8 i9 j10 k11 l12 m13 n14 o15 p16 q17 r18 s19 t20 u21 v22 w23 x24 y25 z26
Later on, met the bros for dinner at Ajisen Plaza Sing and played dota after that.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment