Haha I haven't watched a Mediacorp Ch8 drama for years because of their trite and condescending plots, but recently I was surprised to discover a drama which is quite interesting and humorous.
The drama is called Love Blossoms; it features a married nice guy (Zheng Geping) and a Vietnamese girl (Priscilla Chan). I only watched a few episodes of it on TV mobile; but the plot is like the guy has a share in a marriage agency for Vietnamese brides and that's how the Vietnamese girl comes to S'pore. It's quite interesting because the married guy and the Vietnamese girl are cast as really nice people, hence the obvious implication that they are best suited to be together. But it's impossible, because the guy has a wife (played by Ivy Lee), who is not a villain but is not exactly a perfect person as she has a gambling vice. And as the hero of the show, the guy obviously can't be unfaithful to his wife. It's an interesting conundrum and the show is made all the more interesting due to the humor. The Vietnamese girl is always picked on by another character played by Patricia Mok, whose schemes often backfire on her.
Although I watched a few episodes on TVmobile, I think the show is worth watching. Too bad I didn't get the chance to see how it all turns out. Today, I was quite surprised to see an episode of it on the bus, because I thought i saw the show months ago. Turns out that the drama had spawned a second series. And there are issues such as separation and divorce which are considered. Pretty interesting, haha but still I won't bother to watch it unless I'm watching it on the bus. I would have liked to see how the scriptwriters resolved the issues and the dilemmas though.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment