I went to the Borders book sale at Expo and bought 5 gamebooks. Four Fighting Fantasy and one Sorcery. Went there after work on the 1st day; the MRT had train fault, keep stopping from around Paya Lebar to Tanah Merah. Was delayed by around 30 mins.
Really quite thankful to God that I found my "treasures". They were in the kids section. I took a quick look at the other sections. Most of them were junk, many the same old books. Probably very few recognized the treasures that the gamebooks were. If they were any other books, you won't get 5 different titles of that series/author. Good thing they were in the kids section too, most people were browsing in the adults section. After I got the books, only 2 other titles from that series were still available which means 3 of the books that I got were the last ones.
I queued for about 1 hr 15 mins. Got 50% discount, ie. bought each book at abt $6. Haha as an aside, if you thought only nerds/bookworms go for these type of sales, you will be surprised at the no of "chio bus" there.
Realized I didn't update something. I have actually managed to complete my Way of the Tiger gamebook collection some months ago, think probably bought from a local seller in eBay and/or 2nd hand book sale.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment